Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday ridin'

So till 9.30 PM on Wednesday, I still didn't know if we were going cycling the next day. With hopes of finding the starting point and route for the next day's ride, I read Ankur's message that night, only to be disappointed. He had messaged to look out for Bappa in the ongoing T20 WC warm up India - Pak match... Who wants to watch a warm up match that late at night?!?!
So I messaged him asking if we had any plans. Apparently we did not... because, I got no reply. Apparently, he fell asleep. So I decided to wake up early and motivate myself for a ride alone.
So I set up my alarm for 5.30 AM, but woke up at 5.15 AM.
And I got dressed, filled my partially crushed water bottle, and started off alone at 6.15AM.
Initially I planned to ride from Home - Senapati Bapat road - Pashan circle - Bavdhan - (Pune's own)Chandni Chowk - home.
But by the time I reached the University circle, I had already made massive changes in the route I was going to take. Instead of turning left towards Bavdhan, I went straight towards the Baner-Pashan Link road, and went all the way to Baner, and on the gradual uphill climb back to University circle...
Then it was downhill. but then - 'Fun suddenly came' when I started speeding on 3-7 downhill. I must be going at around 50 KM PH, and the momentum, along with the sudden burst of adrenalin allowed me to climb the flyover without changing the gear, and maintaining my speed over about 30 KM PH. I admit, it wasn't difficult, but I really had a great time doing it...
So off I was towards Fergusson college road, and stopped for a few sips of cool water at the end of the gradual climb there. I turned right towards BMCC, and went all the way from Law college road towards home pretty fast... And I remembered ... I have a camera...
Have Camera, will click...

So with the camera now slung around me, I was trying out all sorts of different angles while riding... 7.30 AM traffic... yeverything is passible...
So I was already home... an hour and fifteen minutes... that was what it took for approximately 25 kilometres... not bad, but not too good either.
Well, at least the photos weren't that bad... ;0)


No comments:

Post a Comment